Chili Cookoff Guidelines - Saturday, February 11th
Register by Sunday, February 5th.
- Register by Sunday, February 5th.
- Chili is to be brought “ready to eat”. Please bring to The Jones Center at Hidden Falls by 3:00 pm, on Saturday, February 11th.
- Judges will be told they should vote for the chili based on the following major considerations: good chili flavor, aftertaste, consistency, blend of spices, aroma and color.
- Each contestant/team will be given a contestant number and will be asked to complete a card with the following information when you deliver your chili:
- Your name(s)
- identify if the chili is mild, medium or hot
- any key ingredients that should be known such as meat other than ground beef or turkey, or things like peanuts that could affect those with food allergies
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
- If possible, please use a 6 quart or larger crockpot. The intent of the cookoff is fun, but also to provide a large portion of the food for Tribe Retreat.
- Please bring an extension cord with your crockpot if possible.
- Unlike professional chili cookoffs, beans are allowed.
- Maximum of 2 people per team for entries.
- Have fun!